Thursday, October 19, 2006

EARTHQUAKE : Or How I Learned To Love The Mother

PREPRODUCTION > CONCEPTION / DISCUSSION

So there’s a new draft of the script and its reception was not as good as the last. It introduces a new plot device and a new character – and a few new complications. The mother seemed to exasperate Christina and Jack, my producers – while the addition of an earthquake seemed to vibe with Gianluca.

It just occurred to me I never stated what the film’s about here. For whatever its worth…

Pretend follows a special boy who discovers he’s telekinetic. Not the best logline, but its what its about. Got any suggestions? Let me know.

Anyway – the comments from the latest draft leave me to one conclusion. I got to get to know the mother better. In the scripts first incarnation, she’s little more then an offstage voice. As the script has grown from 5 to 9 pages – I realize I’ve been stretching it a little to thin. Back to the desk...

No comments: