Tuesday, November 07, 2006

1st Cut

PREPRODUCTION > EVENTS

Last night peers, friends, and select students from my Alma Mater screened their films at the DGA as part of First Cut. And while I'd like to say it was just "inspiration" I was feeling - theres was probably a certain level of jeleousy mixed in there too. I've, of course, nothing but love for the filmmakers involved - especially Matt Quesada and his french film Big Toe, which was by far my favorite of the evening. But the whole event, in all its class reuniony self glorifcationy glory served as a gentle reminder that my peers are doing great thing, those bastards ;-), and I should be too dad-gummit.

I am glad to report however that the film is moving along faster then anything I've helmed thus far. Getting a team together is usually like pulling teeth - but this time it feels like everything is falling into place. Just double confirmed Claudia as part of my team of power producers - and the illustrious Gianluca Lignola has also agreed to work on the project as well.

Onward...

No comments: