Sunday, August 27, 2006

Treatment

PREPRODUCTION > TITLE TREATMENT

The title treatment is always a big deal for me. Even if it doesn't end up on a thing related to the film. But when I'm still in the script stage - there's something really satisfying about having an image, and icon, a symbol for the film. Something visual hinting at what the whole thing feels / looks like. It just makes it that more tangible for me.

And of course there’s nothing better than avoiding all the things I’m supposed to be doing then by scouring the internet for fonts with SexyBack blaring in the background. Well, few things.

Pretend essentially is about the power of the mind. The limitlessness of imagination. Something that as kids we have total access to. I kind of want the title to look like something Eddie, the child at the center of the film, could’ve drawn or written himself. At least I think that’s what I want. At any rate, here’s what I’ve got.





2 comments:

Angel said...

5th one down gets my vote.

Justin said...

yeah? hmmm. I keep going between that one and the second one.